Hooray! You’re registered!
Some things for you to know…
Thank you so much for signing up to be showcased on the Real People, Real Business podcast. We have such amazing people in our audience and I can’t wait to share your story!
We will be conducting the interview over Zoom (download the app here). You should have received a confirmation email with the details and location inside.
Please arrive a few minutes early so we can be ready at the time we have scheduled to go live. All your adoring fans will be excited to see you!
What To Do Now
Please ensure you are wearing headphones and, if possible, use a proper external microphone. This is really important to the quality of the audio. If you don’t have one, your internal mic will probably be OK, but the sound quality will be much better if you can borrow a proper mic! iPhone headphones also work surprisingly well!
Also, please send over 2-3 high quality photos of you that you love so we can use them in our publication for the show! You can add them to our Google Drive folder here.
What We’ll Talk About
This is super casual! We’re just going to have a conversation about your story, how you got to where you have and what your plans are now and for the future. I’ll use your form submissions as inspiration, and will have a look at your website and social channels to look for talking points.
Don’t worry – no curveballs. We’re just chatting. Our audience wants to get to know you, and what you do, so speak from the heart and just be honest and curious in your responses. I promise you know a lot more than you think you do and people just want to hear you show up as you.
If you have any freebies or offers you would like to make to the listeners, there will be time at the end of the call to tell our listeners about it. This way you can leave them with a way to learn more about you and see how you work!
Here are some examples of questions I might ask you, but we’ll follow the flow of the conversation and see where it naturally takes us:
- So tell me about how you got here, how you got started. What was the big trigger for you to start this business?
- How do you work with your clients? What’s your signature offer?
- What do you consider to be the most unique differentiator in your business? What sets you apart in your industry?
- How are you leveraging that in how you’re talking about and delivering your work?
- What has growth meant to you? What have you grown “around” (priorities)?
- What has worked for you in terms of growth?
- What has not worked for you?
- Tell me about the most pivotal moment you’ve had so far.
- What do you think is the biggest gap between what’s “real” vs. what we hear out there in the online business world?
- What do you wish you knew before you got started?
- What would you love everyone listening to know that will help them build their business?
- What’s next for you?
- What kind of support do you need in order to get there?
What Happens Afterwards
This is your chance to get seen! The podcast show is called Real People, Real Business, and we will be sharing on YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook Business, LinkedIn and all of the podcast channels as audio.
If you are uncomfortable with me sharing in all of these channels, please let me know, but I will be linking to your website and any links you want to share, so others can find you and check out what you have to offer!
When these are all posted, I will send you an email letting you know where you can find them, and then you can share as well in all of your channels if you like!
What I know is that my audience LOVES to see real people doing real things. They are tired of the big, flashy stories that they just can’t relate to, and love hearing how someone just like them is meeting challenges and creating their own success.
Some of our audience might have more questions or comments for you after our interview is done, so make sure to watch the post with our interview in it to see if anyone has any comments or questions after it’s posted. Most people will watch after the fact! We are all just so busy.
If you have anything you’d like me to clarify, just send me an email and let me know! I’m really looking forward to our chat, and I know everyone is going to love you!